Project History & Amenities
On July 29, 2015, the Chicago Blackhawks announced the organization would build a 125,000-square foot community training center for youth hockey development programs, recreational leagues, and other events, which would also serve as the practice facility for the Blackhawks and visiting National Hockey League teams. The state of the art facility is located two blocks south of the United Center at 1801 W. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60612.
Fifth Third Arena opened on November 21st, 2017 with a focus on making sure the Blackhawks have their needs met though features such as equipment storage space, training rooms, a player's lounge, a massive weight room, exhaust systems behind the locker room to dry off uniforms and equipment faster and cut down the odor, and the hockey equivalent of a batting cage: a skills studio room where they can perfect their shooting, passing, and stickhandling. Additionally, there is also a major focus on the community aspect of the facility. Roughly 95% of the intended use of the new Ice Rink will be community based. This facility will provide $3 million of community benefits over five years. Click Here to learn more about Fifth Third Arena Community Initiatives.
- Two NHL-size 200-by-85 ice rinks
- Two multipurpose rooms overlooking the ice sheets
- Media room
- Executive Hockey Operations Suite
- Rooftop deck constructed on a green roof
- Great Hall with a customer service desk and access to both ice rinks
- Skate rental available for public skate and programming
- 12 private locker rooms and 10 rotating public locker rooms
- Skill training room
- Full-service fitness center for group, team and personal training
- Basic hockey and skating supplies for sale at the front desk (tape, laces, mouth guards, etc.)
- Skate sharpening
- Food and beverage
- Full-service bar
- Concession stand
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Healthy vending options
Get more information about renting space at Fifth Third Arena.