Adult League COVID-19 Info
Adult Hockey League Return to Play
The Adult Hockey League will resume on July 29th, 2020
We are excited to welcome back our Adult Hockey League. Keeping the health and safety of our league participants in mind, we have made some adjustments on how scheduled games will be conducted. Additionally, league rules will also be formatted differently to help reintroduce Adult Hockey to Fifth Third Arena. The game rules will be sent out in detail to team captains to share with their teams. Below is a list some of the adjustments and recommendations.
CLICK HERE for General Facility Safety Practices
Adult Hockey League Guidelines
- Players are responsible for maintaining social distancing on-ice whenever possible.
- Players are required to wear masks at all time while in the facility except on the ice during their scheduled game.
- One spectator per player is allowed in the facility.
- Check-in will take place at the Front Desk.
- ZERO TOLERENCE for any fighting, confrontations, or unnecessary contact during and after plays. Anyone in violation of this rule will be removed from the league.
- Spitting on the ice, players benches, and penalty boxes is strictly prohibited.
- Teams may dress no more than 15 rostered skaters per game.
- Players are expected to follow social distancing procedures on the players benches by utilizing additional seating that will be provided.
- Game play will be adjusted to reduce close contact.
- All players except for the two taking a faceoff must maintain 6ft of social distancing.
- After a save and whistle, goalies will throw or slide pucks to referees in order to maintain social distancing.
- All referee calls are final. Interaction with officials must comply with the social distancing guidelines. Any player in violation of this rule may be removed from the game.
- Additional game play adjustments may be made at any time at the discretion of the adult hockey league supervisor.
- Participants will not be permitted into the facility more than 20 minutes prior to their schedule start time. Participants must exit the facility within 20 minutes of their scheduled end time.
- Goalies are permitted to enter the facility 30 minutes before their scheduled start time.
- Locker Rooms and showers will not be accessible. All players are expected to “Dress and Drive”.
- Designated areas will be assigned for players to put on their skates, gloves and helmet.
- Do not share equipment such as water bottles, towels, etc.
- Avoid team meetings or gatherings before, during, and after games including “chalk talk” between periods.
- No team celebrations after goals.
- No handshake lines after games.
- Bubble Shields are recommended but not required. According to USA Hockey, there is no scientific proof that a full clear shield on a hockey helmet provides better protection against infectious diseases compared to a visor or cage. That said, a full clear shield is likely better than visor or cage.
If you have been to the Fifth Third Arena and test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of your visit, you must call the facility to report this information (312-455-7600). If you exhibit symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please do not visit the facility.