Youth and Adult Hockey Classes
Youth and Adult Hockey Registration will open on July 21, 2020
Youth Hockey Classes: August 8 – September 26, 2020
Adult Hockey Classes: July 29 – September 25, 2020
The health and safety of our youth and adult hockey participants is a priority of ours. Fifth Third Arena has worked with industry leaders in health government and safety to ensure a successful and safe reopening. We are committed to getting players back on the ice in a responsible fashion. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to these guidelines for your safety and the safety of others.
CLICK HERE for General Facility Safety Practices
Youth and Adult Class Guidelines
- Classes are limited to no more than 50 players and coaches on the ice at one time.
- Coaches are responsible for maintaining social distancing on-ice whenever possible.
- Players are required to wear masks at all time while in the facility except on the ice during their scheduled class.
- Check-in will take place at the Front Desk.
- After Check-In, players will be directed to their designated area to put skates on. As a reminder, all players are required to arrive dressed in the rest of their equipment.
- Do not share equipment such as water bottles, towels, etc.
- Bubble Shields are recommended but not required. According to USA Hockey, there is no scientific proof that a full clear shield on a hockey helmet provides better protection against infectious diseases compared to a visor or cage. That said, a full clear shield is likely better than a visor or cage.
- Spectators will only be able to view classes from the bleacher area on the second level of the facility. The rink perimeters and lobby will be closed to spectators due to those areas being designated staging areas for players only.
- At the conclusion of the scheduled class, parents should meet their player at their assigned area and should exit the facility following the marked routes.
- Players and parents must exit the facility within 20 minutes of the end time of their class following designated routes.
If you have been to the Fifth Third Arena and test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of your visit, you must call the facility to report this information (312-455-7600). If you exhibit symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please do not visit the facility.