Private Ice Rental COVID Info
Private Ice Rentals will resume on July 27th, 2020
Private ice rentals include youth hockey teams, adult hockey rentals, camps, tournament, clinics, small group training, broomball, and ice bocce. It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure compliance with the facility rules and guidelines from all members of their group. Organizers are also responsible for communicating rules and guidelines to their group in advance of their rental.
CLICK HERE for General Facility Safety Practices
Private Ice Rental Guidelines
- Everyone participating in on-ice activities must certify that they do not have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, have not had symptoms in the last 7 days, and have not had close contact with someone that tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 7 days.
- Spitting on the ice or players benches is strictly prohibited.
- Locker Rooms and showers will not be accessible. All players are expected to “Dress and Drive”. Designated areas will be assigned for players to put on their skates, gloves and helmet.
- Private Rentals are limited to no more than 50 players and coaches on the ice at one time.
- Coaches are responsible for maintaining social distancing on-ice whenever possible.
- Spectators will only be able to view from the bleacher area on the second level of the facility. The rink perimeters and lobby will be closed to spectators because they will be designated staging areas for players only.
- A maximum of 1 adult per youth skater will be permitted into the facility.
- Anyone utilizing the facility must complete an update waiver prior to visiting Fifth Third Arena:
- Participants will not be permitted into the facility more than 20 minutes prior to their schedule start time. Participants must exit the facility within 20 minutes of their scheduled end time.
- Teams that are part of an organization such as AHAI, USA Hockey, NIHL, etc. are required to following the guidelines of their governing body if those guidelines meet a higher standard that the facility’s.
- No team or group stretching/warm-ups are allowed inside the facility. All on-ice physical preparation must be done prior to entering the facility.
If you have been to the Fifth Third Arena and test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of your visit, you must call the facility to report this information (312-455-7600). If you exhibit symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please do not visit the facility.