Open Hockey COVID Info
Open Hockey will resume on July 27th, 2020
Open hockey includes stick and puck and rat hockey sessions. Individuals are responsible for adhering to the General Facility Safety protocols as well as the Open Hockey Guidelines listed below. Everyone’s cooperation is needed to ensure a safe return to open hockey sessions. There will be a ZERO TOLERENCE policy for individuals and groups that do not abide by the new rules.
CLICK HERE for General Facility Safety Practices
Open Hockey Guidelines
- Sessions are limited to 30 participants.
- Players benches will be closed for Stick and Puck sessions. Rat hockey participants are expected to follow social distancing procedures on the players benches by utilizing additional seating that will be provided.
- Equipment such as pucks, cones, tires, passers, etc. will not be provided by the rink until further notice.
- Do not share equipment such as water bottles, towels, etc.
- Bubble Shields are recommended but not required. According to USA Hockey, there is no scientific proof that a full clear shield on a hockey helmet provides better protection against infectious diseases compared to a visor or cage. That said, a full clear shield is likely better than visor or cage.
- Spitting on the ice or players benches is strictly prohibited.
- Avoid congregating on the ice and within the facility.
- Designated ice entrance and exit doors as well as marked pathways will be enforced to avoid congestion.
- Locker Rooms and showers will not be accessible. All players are expected to “Dress and Drive”. Designated areas will be assigned for players to put on their skates, gloves and helmet.
If you have been to the Fifth Third Arena and test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of your visit, you must call the facility to report this information (312-455-7600). If you exhibit symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please do not visit the facility.